Monday, May 08, 2006

Finally done with one of my least favorite courses ever. No more People, Power and Food ever again! I should be thankful that the course involved so little work that I could (and did) do all the work at the last minute.
In other news the weather is bright and sunny and beautiful here in Uppsala. Why just the other day it reached 68F (20C). Lovely day for a stroll in the park. It's amazing seeing how the entire city changes from winter to spring. Visibly it looks like the population of Uppsala doubled since people all want to be outside now. Plus, all the trees and bushes are sprouting leaves again. The parks are filled with pretty flowers that are causing so many allergies to so many people. So I suppose I have to thank desert broom for making me resistant to Swedish pollen, who knew that plant was useful? The Swedes are now all sunbathing in the parks, on their balconies and actually outside my very window. I wore shorts for the first time in eight months today, a nice refreshing change but it's still not hot enough where I would actually need them. Contrast with the Swedes who are fanning themselves and running for ice cream to cool themselves down. Remember, 68F is hot to them. I had worried that my time in Sweden had robbed me of my ability to tolerate heat, but thankfully not. When I was in Vilnius, the kitchen was maybe 80F (26C) and everyone was fanning themselves and rolling up their sleeves and saying how horribly hot it was. And then there's me and a girl from Israel who were totally fine.

Also, Feifei and I are evidently part of an unprecedented legal case involving a screw up with online airline tickets. It's going to take a long time, naturally, but if we win we get a partial refund. Plus unprecedented legal cases look nice on a law major's resume, I'd think, so hurray for Feifei.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

your recent photos on flickr of those flowers are amazing.

Anonymous said...

I thought my first six years in a third-world country would make me at least somewhat immune to that damn pollen, but there's something about a Swedish spring that just brings tears to your eyes and makes you sneeze.
And hurray for us if we win =)

Kevin said...

I think China is technically a 2nd world country. And considering your hometown is named after flowers I am surprised you haven't developed a resistance.

And I'm glad you like them, Steph, they're even nicer IRL. NC some lovely flowers too, no?

Jinn said...

I'm going to say a big ditto on the flowers, ::kick ass::. Everyone's getting knocked around by the palo verde flowers at the moment around here, luckily they only burn a little for me...