Friday, July 08, 2005

The Seven Forms of Lightsaber Combat. Quite a detailed list of fictitious fighting styles. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. I think it's pretty cool. Interesting to note the different philosophies behind each of the forms and how they mirror actual martial arts. The strengths and flaws they mention in the theoretical techniques are quite similar to real life styles. Form IV seems similar to capoeira, for example, and Form III like aikido. I suppose there are only so many possible combinations of movements in melee combat, Jedi or not.

Darth Vader's blog. This guy certainly put a lot of effort into this. A combination of genuine fanfic darkness, lke the part about his childhood, and humor, like the part about Ozzel. There's just so much written down this guy must never leave the computer.

Store Wars. Like the Meatrix, if you've seen it, but better. Normally I'd feel the guilt trip but I work at an organic grocery store, so nyah!
Speaking of which, I recently noticed that the old fashioned peanut butter we sell at Sunflower Market isn't nearly as tasty as Laura Scudder's peanut butter (the tastiet to date) despite the fact that they both contain the same ingredients; peanuts and salt. How can you come up with such different tasting products if they consist of only two ingredients? I guess the peanuts make all the difference.

No comments: