Tuesday, June 06, 2006

They say that idle hands are the devil's playthings. Perhaps that's true. Now that I am free from any academic responsibilities I have now taken to indulging my strange whims. Namely, I have been looking up the pronunciation of special letters in other languages so that I might find out how to pronounce the safe word in Eurotrip. (this seemed important at the time)
The word is: FLÜGGÅeNKƠČHIŒßØLSÊN
Unfortunately I could not find the character for where that lower case E is. The word is written in all capitals but the letter looks like a lowercase backwards E.
The closest pronunciation I could come up with was: Flueggo-enkerech-hi-oissirlseen
I'm pretty sure I've gotten that wrong but it's not actually meant to be said. After all they have a Vietnamese character in there and one that doesn't seem to exist. And I can only assume you don't actually say "Euro" when you read the Euro symbol.
Anyway, in case anyone else wondered about that kind of thing, now you know. Plus if even one person is saved from Club Vandersexxx then this post is totally worth it.

3 comments:

Jinn said...

heh, "devil's playthings" on 6.6.06, nice. I suppose my question is, did the dude in the movie get anything out it, in the end? I'm guessing not as much as they might have out of the Italian guy in the train. Good movie. Of course, when my dad watched it, he said, "Ahh, this brings back memories." Hm.

Jinn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Best post ever.