Wednesday, January 18, 2006

BloodRayne with Kristanna Loken and Matthew Davis. It's a movie based on a video game, what do you expect? They really tried hard to put all the elements of a good movie into it but they didn't have the focus to pick just one, so it ended up failing at all of them. Good plot? Not so much; evil vampire lord must be killed by a society of vampire hunters. Good fight scenes? Would be if they didn't zoom in in a panicky kind of way every time she killed someone, I understand that her trademark is pouncing on them and biting their neck but I was kinda hoping for a nice fight scene with those giant sword/tonfas she has. The dialog was equally uninspiring, not quite the worst I've heard, but close. Not surprisingly, the only thing the movie has going for it is Kristanna Loken herself (she shows a lot more skin in this movie but I still think she was hotter in Terminator 3) and consequently one of the few notable parts in the movie is the rather abrupt sex scene between the two main characters which served as the only way to tell that there was supposed to be a romance between them. The ending was kind of sudden too; had kind of a Chronicles of Riddick feel to it, which didn't really make much sense. I've never played the games, so maybe it makes sense in that context, but I somehow doubt it. About all I can say is that I'm sure the game is much more fun than the movie but, honestly, that doesn't seem hard to do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're becoming some loser movie critic.

attempting to grow a goatee.

le sigh.

it's all downhill from here.

Kevin said...

go watch it yourself, I dare you.

Anonymous said...

It would seem the world is on your side, freyr:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/bloodrayne

Anonymous said...

Hmm...my coding skills seem to have deteriorated. Y'all just cut and paste.