Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Only time I wish the Earth had been eaten

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer with Lawrence Fishburne and no one else worth a damn. This one actually was worse than the original, I didn't think it was possible, but I'll be damned. At least they didn't make it as blatantly bad with product advertising as they did in the last one. I hate all the characters, with a special emphasis on the Human Torch, though the Invisible Woman almost won the annoying contest. Enormous plot holes are the thing that got to me the most. Like, say, why do they need to keep the team together if you can combine all their powers into one person and have them be much more effective than the four of them? Also, his name is Von Doom and he came back from the dead, what more evidence do you need that you can't trust him? Why didn't the Invisible Woman spy on him instead of confronting him like a moron? And lastly, if the Silver Surfer can destroy Galactus that easily, why the hell did he wait all that time serving him when he could have just taken the job of herald and then turn and kill him right then and there? I will give them points for making Galactus a bit more ominous than a giant human in a silly helmet. Normally I hold off on spoilers but this one isn't worth my restraint.

No comments: